Flower & Green
In response to the urban aesthetics of the 2018 Taichung World Flora Expo, city hall has resolved to transform the Second Taichung City Hall and its frontal square into a paradise of greenery and flowers, making it a prime example of the promotion of urban aesthetics. The concept is “Flower and Green of vibrancy—listening to the sound of blossoming flowers with the citizens of Taichung.” Therefore, this design competition is held in hopes of gathering ideas from city folks. Participants are encouraged imagine the future of city hall square and form a bond with the administration in promoting the development of Taichung’s city administration.
In preparation of the upcoming “2018 Taichung World Flora Exposition”, city hall is dedicated to transform Taichung into a garden city. With its wide hinterlands, the area around Taichung City Hall is the transformation’s focus. The Flora Expo’s three main exhibition zones are represented by the green leaf, blue flowing water and the orange flower, which also combine to form the shape of Taiwan. The white silhouette between the three elements is shaped like a “leaping man.” This leaping man represents the administrative center of Taichung City Hall.
Human beings must value their tight connection with nature and understand the importance of coexisting with it in a sustainable environment. When the Flora Expo opens in 2018, Taichung’s brand new administrative center will look to take part in the event. It shall become the blossoming sound of the flower that is Taiwan, showcasing the flowers and greenery of life itself.
Play creative, show talents.
Taichung Tourism ParkNo.99, Sec. 3, Taiwan Blvd., Xitun Dist., Taichung City 407
Under the topic of “Flower & Green of Life", has three subject to discuss with the public.
(A) Life+ & People:
Create a diversity-friendly, joyful, interactive, cultured and socially-caring atmosphere, while visualizing elements that transcend space and time (past, present, future).
Provide a spatial experience that allows diverse and multilevel conversation, interaction, shared feelings and heart-to-hearts between people, groups and the city itself, creating a natural harmony between people and space.
Integrate a system connection of cutting-edge technology and smart application.
(B) Life+ & Green:
Showcase the landscape ecology aesthetics of vibrant Flower and Green.
Strengthen the usage of botanical application.
Reinterpret the spatial symbolism in a method that is low-carbon and environmentally-friendly.
Views and opinions regarding green space and environment.
(C) Life+ & Nature:
Healthy, natural, preservative, organic.
An experience that incorporates all five senses and stretches the imagination.
Healing and sustainable life.
- Time: 2017/ 2/13 – 4/10
- Information of Awards
Champion: NTD 100,000 & Certificate.
Runner up: NTD 30,000 & Certificate.
Third: NTD 10,000 & Certificate.
Excellent: NTD 1,000 & Certificate, Total 36 person.
Popularity: NTD 1,000 & Certificate, Total 4 person.
Take advantage of every opportunity to stay on top of the trends.
- Lecture Hall
- 4/28 Flower in the City
Square for the Public
3. The designs must include images sufficient to display the design concepts such as plans, facades, perspectives or partial designs, with descriptions of technical details such as engineering methods.
4. Feasibility of construction must be taken into account.
5. Please attach application form or group application form to the back of each design. Overdue submissions and submissions that do not meet organizer standards will not be accepted. All participating designs (whether award-winning or not) will not be returned. The organizer reserves the right to alter designs in consideration of actual construction.
6. Entries must be unpublished (definition of “published”: print publishing, public display, online publishing including blogs and works that finished honorable mention or better in photography contests). Other contestants have the right and responsibility to adduce evidence. Contestants must abide by any final decision made by the organizer.
7. The estimated budget for construction is NT$8 million.
8. Please fill in the application form online to complete stage one application.
- The Taichung New City Hall is the center of Taichung, and the goal of Taichung City Government is creating a better life for citizens.
- In this design competition, we hope to present the concept of “Flower & Green in Life”; sense of identity for the land; and the Taichung spirituality “Production, Ecology, and Life” by the design of architecture and space.